Sunday, August 7, 2016

AWOL

Well, maybe not Absent Without Leave but last month I was certainly absent. Last month I had some issues.  One day I bent over and when I sat up I had the biggest floaters in my eyes and was seeing bright bits of light.  I went to the eye doctors for an exam.  Nothing too bad...but I needed new glasses.  I had also had lots of eye watering so it's been difficult to sew at times.  The doctor noticed a skin tag on my eyelid that has changed since my last exam.  So off to the eye surgeon.  He said it had to be removed.  So this Friday I will have the growth removed and biopsied.  

Next up was my annual Mammogram.  Well it's been longer than a year.  Any way they saw something on my right breast.  They wanted to compare films from my last one.  However, they closed that facility and the films are in storage and no one can find them...go figure.  So tomorrow I have to have another Mammogram and an Ultrasound.  I'm not too worried about it.

Since I have had visual problems it has taken me longer to get some things done.  But here we go...

Up first my Front Porch block for July.  I missed the link up at Humble Quilts.



I wish I had chosen a different green for more contrast but I'm still happy with this block.


I am way behind on my Cabot Cuties.  Hopefully I can get caught up this month.





I do enjoy making these blocks.  These blocks are 4 1/2" finished.


1857 Sampler






You may notice that I haven't added the corner diamonds on any of my blocks. I'm going to try and figure out a different way of putting these blocks together.

This is my Westering Women block.  




Well that is it as far as sewing goes.  We did get to go to our annual Detroit Tigers game with my daughter Kelley and her hubby Chris.  It has been so hot here that I was afraid I would melt in the heat.  We lucked out.  It was a beautiful night and the Tigers won.




Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a great day and get to enjoy some nice weather like we are.

Hugs, Cathy

8 comments:

Lori said...

Love your blocks! The basket is really cute. I hope you are completely on the mend!! 'I hate being called back for mammograms. I hope all is well.

Not the Gifted Teacher said...

You are so productive, despite the continued health problems... Love the 4 1/2 inchers. I've been working on a Dear Jane for years -- entirely by hand -- and picked it up recently. Did a really complicated block, and then ironed with steam. The navy blue hand dyed background bled all over the rest of the block. UGH!

MAYBE I'll finish it before I die?

Janet O. said...

You sound like you have had a run of bad luck lately. At least you had nice weather for the game! : )
I hope everything will be okay and you can continue stitching on your merry way. You have some beautiful projects--especially love your applique blocks!

Sue said...

Good luck with your health issues Cathy. I seem to be way behind on all my projects..due in part to 4 birthdays in August that need gifts etc. All your blocks are lovely.

Kyle said...

Your blocks ar lovely. Hope all that other stuff gets cleared and off your plate. You've got too many other fun things to do

Kathy S. said...

This getting older stuff (just a tidge) is just a pain. But everybody's doing it these days. Hope you get good results soon. I love all the fabrics in your blocks. Scraps are the best. Your applique is very neat. Fun at the baseball game! I love family time.

Karen said...

Even with eye problems, you got a lot done. And very well done! A few years ago, I had a couple floaters in one eye and when I had it checked, turned out to be a tear in the retina. Laser surgery in the doctor's office repaired that.

Allie-oops Designs said...

I just can't believe you got all that done with eye problems - you are hard core, lol! The blocks are just gorgeous, all of them. I hope everything is ok, and that your eye problems clear up!!! I'll be praying for you.